Transfers


The pair of young english central midfielders were brought in. I know James Ward-Prowse is a little expensive but I have a soft spot for him as he was tipped by the media to be the next David Beckham! Both of them will compete for the DLP-d role in the MC position.

Strongest 11


As usual, I will be rotating my team a lot this season but if I have to win the game at all costs, I will play my strongest 11 as shown above.

Second String


And here are the remaining players outside the strongest 11.

Here are a few screenshots of the regens in my first-team squad.

Henry Dykes - a left-sided Gary Neville


Very pacy and strong, brave and determined with great work rate. Reminds me of a left-sided Gary Neville.

Mark Brightwell - the next Steve Bruce


Great tackler, strong and has great concentration and work rate. Scores very regularly at set-pieces, just like Steve Bruce.

Reid - Giggsy?


Great technique, quick and lots of flair. The closest we have as a replacement for Giggsy!

Games


Pre-season was eventful with testimonials for Michael Carrick and Tim Howard. We also went on a pre-season tour to Korea. It was heart-break for us in the Community Shield as we lost on penalties for the second consecutive year. We didn't start well at all as Newcastle went 2-0 up in the first-half. After a hairdryer treatment at half-time, we went out and managed to draw level. We did not manage to find the winning goal and lost on penalties at the end.

We started the league with a comfortable 2-0 away win at Cardiff. There were mistakes galore at Sheff Wed and we went 2-0 down very quickly after Chris Smalling conceded a penalty and allowed Agbonlahorthrough easily. Like the Community Shield match against Newcastle, I gave the hairdryer and they came out playing much better and thankfully, we managed to snatch a point at the end via a Tom Ince Fergie Time goal.

We ended the month on a high with a comfortable 4-0 victory at Old Trafford against Stoke.