I am glad to say that this has been the most smooth-sailing season of my tenure so far.

Premier League


As shown, we are unbeaten! The team has been really consistent, we have scored the most number of goals and conceded the least. Long may this continue!!

Cups
We are still in all competitions, with QPR awaiting us in the League Cup semis and Celtic in the Champions League first knockout round. We also have a home draw against Middlesbrough in the FA Cup. All's good!

However, we did not have the luck on the injury front and two of our players suffered really LONGGGGGterm injuries.

Darren Fletcher


Fletcher has been really unlucky  Having gone through the bowel problems, of all people, he had to be the one to go through this. This is the worst injury I have encountered in my years of playing FM. It's crazy to be out for 7 or 8 months. Let's hope this does not signal the end of his illustrious career at United.

Nick Powell


It's really unfortunate that one of my most promising English youngster became a victim of yet another long term injury. He got injured when out on loan at Aston Villa. I really hope that this does not pull back his development too much as I have high hopes for this fella.

Player Analysis


Goalkeepers
As Valdes is significantly better than Lindegaard, it allowed me to rotate a bit more in the goalkeeping department. As a result, De Gea only played 2/3 of all the games so far. However, Valdes is getting older and with Everton showing interest, I may sell him and recall Sam Johnstone back from loan. Johnstone has improved tremendously and I want to give him a chance to shine for United as he is English.

Defenders
As usual, I have rotated them a lot and all of them got their fair share of games. Caulker does not look assured at times and I am sure he will improve once he blends into the squad. Apart from him, everyone else seems solid!

Midfielders
The star of the show has got to be Phil Jones, who has already scored 6 and made 4 assists from central midfield. He's starting to remind me of Roy Keane at his prime and the fact that he's English makes things even sweeter!



For some reasons, Januzaj's stats have not improved tremendously. May I know how is he getting on in your games guys? I have made him natural at ML through position training and despite me having played him quite a bit this season, his stats have shown no signs of improvement. However, his performances have been positive with a high average rating of 7.46. Antonia Valencia has been explosive with 4 goals and 9 assists and he is no doubt our star winger so far. Tom Ince has settled in nicely with 2 goals and 5 assists.

Strikers
1. Rooney 14 goals and 8 assists in 17(1) games
2. Welbeck 12 goals and 4 assists in 18(2) games
3. Henriquez 9 goals and 3 assists in 10(3) games
4. Lewandowski 7 goals and 6 assists in 13(3) games

I am really glad that Henriquez has proven my decision to sell Chicharito right by repaying me with a decent goal ratio. Rooney and Welbeck have both performed up to my expectations. Lewandowski went through a dry spell at the start of the season but have since gone on a run, which is pleasing to see.

Having gone through such a great first half of the season, I hope that we can go on to bag some more silverware come the end of the season. Bring on the second half!


With lots of love,

Beckham Plays FM