Sunday 8 December 2013

Second season! Ready, set... go!

Hi readers!

I am finally back with the second season! Pre-season was long and draggy and I would like to start off by explaining some of the key transfers made.

 
 
Lewandowski for RVP!
The decision is made! And here are the reasons for it:
1. Age: Lewandowski is on the right side of 30 but RVP isn't. Lewandowski still has lots of room for improvement as he's still relatively young.
2. Money: I had to cash in on RVP early before his value starts to drop as United is still in debt. Lewandowski is too good to be ignored on a free transfer and his value can still rise in the next few years.
3. Freshening of the squad: Every title-winning squad needs some freshening to prevent complacency from setting in. Man City regretted not adding RVP last season and United is struggling this season with only Fellaini coming in. Hopefully the addition of the Polish sharpshooter can help me to my second consecutive title.   
 
Double S - Shelvey and Shawcross
I mentioned in my last post that a central defender is essential this summer due to Rio's decline and I decided to bring in an ex-Red Devil Ryan Shawcross for ten million pounds. Similarly, Shelvey is brought in for cover as both Carrick and Fletcher are on their wrong sides of thirty. And of course, they are young and English.
 
Trimming of squad 
The likes of Nani, Bebe, Vermijil and Will Keane all left for decent money as I saw the need to trim the squad.
 
Table

 
Here's how the table looks after half a season. The top four has a more familiar look this time round with Spurs, Arsenal and Liverpool all back in contention. I was pleased to see us top again with Spurs breathing down our necks, with a mere 3 points behind. It will be closer this time round and my team will surely have to gather more than 81 points to win the league.
 
Cups
We struggled to get out of the Champions League group and only managed to seal qualification in our sixth fixture. Galatasaray beat us twice with Drogba bullying our central defenders but thankfully, we managed to clock the magical ten points to finish second in the group. We managed to avoid the giants in the draw and we will be facing Benfica in the next round. We are also in the quarter-finals of the League Cup and hopefully we can go one better to reach the finals this season.
 
Now, I would like to examine the development of some of my young English talents:
 
Shaw
 

Luke is developing faster than what I expected and he's already getting his fair share of games at left-back. With Evra ageing fast, he's already giving me selection problems and I can't decide who my best left-back is. Although Luke is a left back, he has awesome attacking capacity with 17 Dribbling, 17 Acceleration and 18 Pace. If he can avoid injury problems, I believe that he will go on to have an awesome career like the legendary left-back Ashley Cole.

Welbeck


This kid has everything to be a top forward except his composure. After some training focus on this attribute, he now has 14 composure and is missing less of the one-on-one chances. With 16 Finishing, 16 Flair, 17 Work Rate (this is what I like most about him) and great all-rounded physical attributes, I predict that he will go on to score a lot of goals for us and for England.
 
Zaha 
 
And last but not least, last season's player of the season. His stats don't look as impressive because huge amount of focus was placed on retraining him in the new positions MR/L. Nevertheless, he's still performing tremendously for us down both flanks with 18 Dribbling, Acceleration and Pace, as well as 17 Flair and Agility. If he can improve his decision-making and finishing ability further, he will surely get more goals and assists than he already has.
 
Hopefully come the end of season, we will have more success to look back on! Cheers! \o/
 
Do follow me on twitter: beckham_fm
Like my facebook page: David Beckham FM
Subscribe to my youtube channel: David Beckham
And help share my blog around! I will be back with updates on my game/views on football real soon! 
 
 
With lots of love,
 
Beckham Plays FM
 

No comments:

Post a Comment