Friday 6 December 2013

First season completed!

Hi readers,

I have completed season 1 and it was a season of mixed feelings.

English Premier League - Champions

It was a weird season in the league, with many of the big teams struggling. Stoke and Everton were the surprise packages in the top four, with Man City, Arsenal and Liverpool all under-acheiving. Liverpool in particular ended up in 17th,  narrowly escaping relegation and it was shocking to say the least. 

In the end, we won comfortably on 81 points, 14 points clear of second placed Chelsea. We didn't impress this season and it was again a case of other teams failing rather than us succeeding. We will have to improve next season if we want to be champions again.

Champions League
This was perhaps the biggest disappointment of the season. We went all the way to the finals to face Juventus after beating Dortmund (after losing to them twice in the group stages, it was sweet sweet revenge) in the semis. However, key players Vidic and Fellaini were both suspended for the finals and we came up short against the Italian giants. To add to the disappointment, we lost one nil to a Carlos Tevez goal. Yes, it had to be him. :(

FA and League Cups
We lost to Chelsea in the League Cup semis after my central defenders went too high up the pitch once again. I read in the bugs forum that this is one of the problems with the match engine but well, that's life and I lost narrowly 2-3 on aggregate. FA Cup was another disappointment with Newcastle beating us yet again through a Cabeye wonder goal.

All in all, I could have done better with some luck but I ended up with the league win, which isn't too bad considering how we are doing in real life. Let us now move on to the players' analysis:



Goalkeepers
De Gea continued his solid form for the second half of the season, winning the Premier League golden glove. Lindegaard was disappointing as usual and he cost us three points in the league after letting in two long range efforts against Norwich at Old Trafford.

Defenders
They were solid but not spectacular throughout the course of the season, with every single one of them making at least 20 starts. Walker and Shaw continued to settle well, making 67 appearances between them. With Rio declining, I would be looking to bring in a center-back in the summer.

Midfielders
I have picked out three top performers:
3. Fellaini: Considering that this is his first season, he contributed well with 5 goals and 6 assists from central midfield. However, he was sent off thrice this season and I believe that this is due to a bug from the latest 14.1.4 patch.
2. Valencia: He was more impressive in the first half of the season. Nevertheless, he ended up with 9 goals and 7 assists playing down the right flank.
1. Zaha: Both the fans' and my player of the season! He was one of the success stories this season, chipping in with 5 goals and an impressive 13 assists. As a result, he was named in the Premier League Team of the Season and I was proud to see the English youngster doing so well.
  


Strikers
They didn't perform as well in the second half of the season, with only RVP reaching my 20-goal target. Welbeck was disappointing as he missed lots of clear-cut chances. I believe that this was down to his poor composure and I will be focusing on this particular attribute in his individual training. Nevertheless, my Fab Four ended up with 65 goals and 26 assists for the season and I was reasonably pleased. 

In a nutshell, I am on course to acheive my aims set out at the start of the season. I won something, developed and bought English talents and of course had lotsa fun! Bring on the second season!

Do follow me on twitter: beckham_fm
Like my facebook page: David Beckham FM
Subscribe to my youtube channel: David Beckham
And help share my blog around! I will be back with updates on my game/views on football real soon!


With lots of love,

Beckham Plays FM

No comments:

Post a Comment