Friday 22 November 2013

Starting off...

Southampton: the benefits of having a great youth system...
Before embarking on my United save, I would like to set a few aims and write a bit on my philosophy when it comes to playing fm.

Philosophy
1. Developing youth: I have always been an admirer of teams with fantastic youth systems (think Ajax, Barcelona and very recently Southampton) and my team will certainly be closer to these teams than the likes of Chelsea, Man City, PSG and Real Madrid.

2. English talents: As much as possible, I would like to develop and bring players through from the youth system. Nevertheless, when there is a need to sign players, I will be giving priorities to English players (even if they are overpriced) instead of the obvious talents from abroad. It's a pain watching the English national team nowadays and I will be looking to help as much as I can by developing English talent.

3. Be emotional: As I am an United supporter since young, I will be slightly biased towards players who have been at the club forever (think Fletcher, Giggs etc) and not sell them unless I have no other choice. One of my first tasks at hand would be to try and sign Gary Neville and reunite the class of 92 back among my coaching staff :D

Like father and son...
Aims
1. Win as much as I can: There is no other way when it comes to managing United. Sir Alex has been relentless when it comes to winning and I will be very happy to achieve half of his successes.

2. Reduce the debts: Glazers have brought in remarkable amounts of debts to the club and I will try my best to reduce it and hopefully make the balance positive by the end of my tenure.

3. Have fun: Last but not least, I hope to have as much fun as possible in my first FM14 save. No doubt there will be disappointments and set-backs along the way. I hope that I can persevere on so that when I reach the end, I can look back at my journey with a smile :)

Do follow me on twitter: beckham_fm
Like my facebook page: David Beckham FM
Subscribe to my youtube channel: David Beckham

And help share my blog around! I will be back with updates on my game/views on football real soon!

With lots of love,
Beckham Plays FM

No comments:

Post a Comment